Ok, so obviously this isn’t an exact science, but perhaps it does serve as some measure, though may in the end prove to be debatable. But seriously, what a fun topic to touch on. I’m not a “dancer” myself, persay (except for those dance classes I took as a kid, along with piano and figure skating), but let me tell you, I do love a good dancing movie and really enjoy the art of dance as a medium of expression.
So, with that said, I compiled my list of the best 10 dance movies. I had a hard time and wrestled with a few, though in the end the list was narrowed, and 10 spots were filled.
Here they are, and hope you’ll share with me some of your favorites that are not on this list.
10) Fame – Rated: R
9) Calamity Jane – Rated: “Approved” (according to IMDb.com)
8) Shall We Dance – Rated: PG-13
7) Save the Last Dance – Rated: PG-13
6) The Company – Rated: PG-13
5) Saturday Night Fever – Rated: R
4) Grease – Rated: PG-13
3) Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights – Rated: PG-13
2) Staying Alive – Rated: PG
1) Black Swan – Rated: R